I'm a jeweller without a studio, for this reason I've been focusing on materials that don't require a lot of equipment lately. I have been working with resin for a few years now, a material which I love for the way it accepts colour and embedded objects and pictures. I'm also very interested in acrylic plastic and I plan to work more with that in the near future as well. My designs are bold and colourful.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Well, I made it through my first semester at school. I learned a lot and am happy to say that my skills at things like soldering, sawing, and finishing have improved quite a bit (although I still have a long way to go). The work was always very challenging and there was never a shortage of it. There were times when things got very stressful and I thought that I wasn't doing very well, but I made it through with all B's! (including some B pluses, and minuses). I also made a lot of good friends, which was a nice added bonus. Semester 2 starts for me next week, hopefully I can use some of my free time this week and work on some creative pieces at home.

No comments: