I'm a jeweller without a studio, for this reason I've been focusing on materials that don't require a lot of equipment lately. I have been working with resin for a few years now, a material which I love for the way it accepts colour and embedded objects and pictures. I'm also very interested in acrylic plastic and I plan to work more with that in the near future as well. My designs are bold and colourful.

Friday, May 05, 2006

More Belt Buckles!

Unfortunately, while trying to fix up the last Ride Theory belt buckle, I made it even worse! Here's another attempt at using the same logo. This time instead of just using one piece of paper, I cut out the logo into two different parts and also backed it with another white square. I like this version a lot better. You can take a closer look by clicking the image to the left.


Here's another buckle I just completed for a local musician who liked my work on RT's buckle. It's just a simple white square set in clear resin with resin tinted with blue pigment in the background. In the second picture you can see the finding I used on both pieces. The stainless steel buckles are secured with Permatex Perma Poxy so neither of them are going anywhere this time!

No comments: